Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Triple Negative Breast Cancer

Injected with another radioactive substance today. The MUGA scan is designed to evaluate how well my heart is functioning. This is a baseline because the one chemo drug is cardiotoxic. The test didn't hurt but it does make you wonder how much radioactive stuff can they inject you with before causing damage.
Saw my oncologist today and was told the ultrasound didn't show any cancer in the other breast which is good. The bad news is I have triple negative breast cancer. Only about 10-20% of all breast cancers are triple negative and of course this comes with a poorer prognosis.  So I guess that makes me very rare!!
The good news is my $16,000 additional drug to help prevent neutropenia is covered!


Jesus replied, "What is impossible with men is possible with
God."
Luke 18:27

1 comment:

  1. I have always known you are a rare breed! LOL Yea to the drug coverage though!
    Love Didi

    ReplyDelete