Friday, August 20, 2010

More Tests

We were woken up this morning  at 8:15am by my oncologist. The bone scan was normal but the CT scanned showed something in the other breast. Yes, I did ask for both to be removed but the left was considered elective surgery and would have to wait. They managed to get me an emergency ultrasound at 8 am Monday morning! The good news is that nothing else showed up so we could just chop it off too & theoretically I could be cancer free!
I had my 29 staples removed today and the nurse said it was healing nicely. I still have some numbness which should eventually go away. No weight lifting for awhile she said.
Managed to pick out a cross body purse in a record time of less than a minute. Supposedly they are better for your back etc & now that I can't use the right side I decided I needed one.
David told me last night I should try to gain ten pounds just to keep ahead of the predicted weight loss!!  Why is it when this opportunity arises I really don't feel like eating? Funny the way the mind and body work.

For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

Jeremiah 29:11

1 comment:

  1. Cathy and I talked this morning. We're both thinking of you and have asked God to watch over you.

    ReplyDelete