Monday, August 30, 2010

Neupogen Injections

6 days since I have had my first chemo and I am feeling pretty good, all things considered. I started Neuopogen injections on Friday and I will receive them for days 3-10 after each chemo. The neupogen is the expensive drug (approx $16,000 total) to help stimulate the growth of neutrophils (a type of white blood cell) to fight against infection. Here in Ontario the government only wants to pay for it if your white blood cells become too low. Because I am having dose-dense chemo my oncologist applied for special authorization to get it covered and to start it before my white cells become too low. Thankfully we did get it covered.
I am now learning how to inject myself with it rather than waiting on someone to come every day to inject it. A few more days and I will be a pro at it! 




Blessed is the man who perseveres under trial, because when he has stood the test, he will receive the crown of life that God has promised to those who love him.
James 1:12

No comments:

Post a Comment