Wednesday, August 25, 2010

First Chemo

Today I had my first chemo. The only painful part was the pain David and I felt for the woman next to us. They couldn't find a vein and told her she might not even be able to get her chemo today :(
As for myself the injections went as planned. First dexamethasone, then doxorubicin, and lastly cyclophosphamide. Only took about 2 hours. I will be excreting the one drug for up to 3 days so I have to make sure I double flush!! No worries, I am only going to use my "private ensuite".
Only experiencing one side effect...a headache...but that could also be family induced. C & A officially moved home today (with the help of my parents) with ALL their stuff but I am so blessed to have them here with me at this time.

The stars may fall, but God's promises will stand and be
fulfilled.

     -- J. I. Packer

1 comment:

  1. And so it begins. The journey to becoming well again. My thoughts are always with you.
    Love Didi

    ReplyDelete