Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Last Chemo Wednesday!

Yes, my last chemo is Wednesday and I get to ring the bell!! I can hardly believe it. After 8 more self injections at home I will officially be needle free for awhile and my body is going to be thanking me for that.
This paclitaxel has a cumulative effect which is catching up with me. I am tired and 4-5 days after treatment you feel like you have been run over by a Mac truck. I have slept a few days all day. Yes everyone leaves in the morning and I go back to sleep and they come home and I am still in bed!! It doesn't help that my hemoglobin is low again...I kinda slacked off after getting it up the time before by eating a lot of red meat. These last 2 weeks I think I have had red meat everyday with help from David! Tomorrow I will find out what my level is.
So just to add a twist to everything my oncologist whom I saw yesterday has now decided that something needs to be done with the CT scan (done in August) that showed an enlarged lymph node. The MRI was negative but was also done after 4 chemos were completed. Dr. M. is not sure what to do so she is thinking of sending me to an oncology surgeon at Princess Margaret to have him decide . This needs to done in December if possible before radiation starts!! I never realized before how much cancer is NOT an exact science but I am learning.


If I didn't have spiritual faith, I would be a pessimist. But
I'm an optimist. I've read the last page in the Bible. It's all
going to turn out all right.
     -- Billy Graham

1 comment:

  1. Thinking of you, Lynn, and hope your last chemo went okay! You have come so far, and we are so proud of you!!!!!

    Would you like some fresh venison to get your hemoglobin up?

    ReplyDelete