Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Tattoos

So at my appointment last week at Princess Margaret Hospital it was decided that nothing different should be done for my radiation. Today I had my appointment with the radiologist at Grand River Hospital and I received my first ever tattoos!! Five small "freckles" to act as markers for the radiation. First they position you and make a mold so that each time you come you stay in the same position. Then they use the CT scanner to determine where they will put the markers. Then they use a black indie ink to tattoo you. It does hurt a little because of the needle but not for long. I can't imagine getting a sleeve tattoo...way too painful!
Radiation hopefully will start next week. Today one of the four radiation machines broke and they are not sure how long it will take to get the part so we will see.

Without faith... nothing is possible. With it... nothing is
impossible.

     -- Mary McLeod Bethune

No comments:

Post a Comment