Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Only 2 chemo left!!

So today I am "normal". Normal in the sense that I have not had chemo for 13 days and I have not had to inject myself today and I feel better. Not "normal" in the sense that I can't just go out and run but I can function pretty well. The feet and hands are starting to feel the cumulative effects of the paclitaxel, so much for the ice mitts and elevation.. but I will keep trying them! All my hair has not fallen out and I still have most of my eyebrows and eyelashes and I plan on keeping it that way. Funny thing with this chemo, you're not scheduled for your next round until you feel almost better. Good thing because I would not go back feeling how I do after it, never. But by the time the next round comes your mind tricks you into thinking it wasn't that bad (yes your mind does play mind games and it is a good thing!). I have been counting down since the beginning so after tomorrow I will only have 1 left, I can hardly wait!


If God were small enough to be understood, He would not be big
enough to be worshiped.
     -- Evelyn Underhill

1 comment:

  1. Lynn,
    I have been hoping and praying the experimental mitts would work. Keep trying them.I hope the hands and feet stay to a mild tingle. My feet got bad after the last treatment and haven't improved. Think of you often.
    Vic

    ReplyDelete