Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Infection

Today Q started Grade 12, A started her 8 month co-op placement in Kitchener and C started her co-op in Elora. Today I also saw my surgeon for my post-op appointment. The infection that I thought I had but the doctor said I didn't have but David said I did have I now do have! I have started on a 1 week course of antibiotics which will hopefully clear up the infection. If it doesn't clear up the surgeon said he will have to open it up which could possibly mean delaying chemo.
I also met with my radiation oncologist who told me I will have 5 weeks of radiation Monday to Friday starting 1 month after chemo is done. I also saw where I will have chemo tomorrow at the Guelph General Hospital.
On a personal note I want to say that the Guelph Runners are amazing! Thank you so much for the meals and for all of you who helped David with our Forest Street house on Saturday...it does make a difference. Also thank you to all who have brought food, flowers and are praying for us. It is so much appreciated!

Today is a most unusual day, because we have never lived it before; we will never live it again; it is the only day we have. William Arthur Ward

No comments:

Post a Comment