Saturday, September 11, 2010

Head Shaven

On Wednesday my Mom took me to my second chemo, the first at the Guelph General Hospital. It took 3 tries to get a line in but the nurses were wonderful. I did not feel well afterwards and later vomited. Not the best day. Yesterday my hair started really falling out and I let C give me a short haircut. Only a few tears when I realized that this is actually happening to me. I don't want to look like a cancer patient but I don't think there is any way out of this! Today David and I went freecycling and I could feel the wind on my head, something I never felt before. Tonight D shaved my head and I am starting to get used to this. I have decided I really don't like my wig (named Daisy) because she looks too poofy but she was the least poofiest of them all! I may just have to go the bald route, should cut down on wind drag when I get back to running.


Kindness is the oil that takes friction out of life.
     -- Author Unknown

4 comments:

  1. I spoke to a bald woman the other day and she looked beautiful! There are also some very nice scarves out there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We will be out for the Falling Leaves run on Saturday, no we are not running, just cheering on the pros! Go Lynn Go! : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always thought you were pretty dynamic, but now you are aerodynamic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great opportunity to buy some colourful and fun scarves and hats, Lynn!

    ReplyDelete